“The [AMD Radeon™ HD 7970] sets a new performance standard in the high end, ousting the [NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 580] from the single GPU top spot, without breaking a sweat.” -KitGuru
With the award-winning and record-setting AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 GPU on the prowl, AMD is proud to now introduce its sibling, the AMD Radeon™ HD 7950.
Featuring the truly revolutionary GCN Architecture, the Radeon™ HD 7950 is the world’s newest 28nm performance GPU, exclusively from AMD. But what can users expect?
- An 800MHz GPU backed by 3GB of ultra-fast 5.0 Gbps GDDR5 memory
- 17 Compute Units for a whopping 1792 Stream Processors.
- Support for PCI Express 3.0, for unparalleled bandwidth for multi-GPU and multi-monitor gaming.1
- AMD PowerTune technology (PDF) for higher clockspeeds and more performance in the hottest DirectX® 11 games.2
- A refined anisotropic filtering algorithm for sharper, clearer textures for the most discerning gamers.
- AMD ZeroCore Power technology for ultra-low idle power when your monitor is off—perfect for when you’re taking a call, or stepping out to lunch. It even shuts down the secondary GPUs in an AMD CrossFire™ technology config when they’re not needed, such as when you’re working at the desktop.2
- Up to 350% higher tessellation performance at high tessellation levels.3
- Partially Resident Textures (PRT) support to enable future games to utilize ultra-high resolution textures (up to 32TB large!) with the same performance as today’s small and often repetitive textures.
- A new compute design—the dual Asynchronous Compute Engine (ACE)—enables better performance by enabling not just higher utilization of compute resources, but with scalar coprocessors capable of handling tasks traditionally reserved for the processor.
And that’s just the beginning! Never settle for anything less than the world’s most powerful and advanced graphics, only from AMD.4
1. Utilization of PCI Express 3.0 bandwidth requires a mainboard equipped with a PCI Express 3.0 PHY. Not all mainboards feature this technology – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
2. AMD PowerPlay™, AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power are technologies offered by certain AMD Radeon™ products, which are designed to intelligently manage GPU power consumption in response to certain GPU load conditions. Not all products feature all technologies – check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
3. Comparison based on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6970, as evaluated by AMD performance labs on the following platform: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (3.3GHz), MSI X79A-GD65, 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600, and Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit.
4. As of January 9, 2012 the AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 Series GPU has been calculated at 3.79 Teraflops of processing power.